Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

some excitement

Yesterday our file broke the vapor barrier between Canada and the US! Our paperwork has finally landed in the hands of our American agency! So now we enter a new stage in this process…the waiting and jumping every time the phone rings kind of stage!

I also had an interesting experience yesterday afternoon after rushing into a local store to purchase some products that I want to pack for this future baby. I had intended to quickly make my purchase and leave, but instead was approached by a sales person who asked if I had any questions about the product I held in my hands. I actually did have a question and thought why not ask, which meant that I disclosed the fact that D and I were in the adoption process etc. Well the staff in this store became super excited and wanted to know about the process and then the sales person who initially approached me probed me with questions. All of a sudden it dawned on me. I asked her if she was thinking about adoption and she said yes. So we ended up talking for quite some time and during this conversation I felt myself getting all excited about our future! She said I was so calm and sure of myself when talking about the adoption (little does she know!) and this felt good. In the end, the sales staff all gushed again about my future family, gave me a $10 off gift card, and told me to be sure to bring the baby by the store! What a neat experience…is this the sort of thing that happens to women who are pregnant? I can’t speak to that but I sure am grateful for these women who remain complete strangers but yet impacted me greatly.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a happy experience. :)

Kara said...

That's a cool story. It's neat how God works. Yeah for this new stage in the waiting game!