Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

pros of a childless life

I acknowledge that I take the perks of a childless life for granted! To embrace my time of waiting, I will also embrace what I enjoy about my current lifestyle and not so quickly wish it away.

So, in no particular order (although I do love my sleep!) my current lifestyle allows me:
  • To sleep in on the weekend
  • More specifically, uninterrupted sleep (except for when my cat gets hungry!)
  • To come and go as I please
  • More uninterrupted time with my hubby
  • To not have to worry about always modeling healthy behaviours
  • The benefits of a double income
  • To be selfish and shop just for me
  • More time to invest in relationships with friends
  • To watch a TV show from beginning to end
  • Time to do the things that I really enjoy like reading, scrapbooking, and going to the ballet
  • Etc. etc.
To have such freedom is really quite grand!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I'm so glad you've made the decision to enjoy your life as it is right now. Too many times we anticipate everything that "is to come" instead of enjoying our present.