Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

must not call agency

I’m trying to summon my willpower today. It has been 8 weeks since our paperwork arrived at the US agency. Our file has been working its way through 5 board members for their approval process which is to take 6-8 weeks. We were told that board members 1 and 2 would take the longest because they would read through it with a fine tooth comb so to speak. However, our papers made it past these members quite quickly which signified to us that everything would be said and done well before the 8 week mark. It seems that we were a bit too optimistic. I called for an update early last week and was told that our file was still with board member 4 and had been with this person for 2 weeks. I was assured that he would sign off on it that day and then we just needed the signature of the agency executive director. I was told that they would call us when this occasion occurred. It’s now a week and a half later and still no word. I really want to call but I’m trying to hold off until next week. I’m suspicious of why it takes the agency so long to approve paperwork...feels fishy to me.

No comments: