Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

awesome adoptive mommas

I just love this post by Heather at Production Not Reproduction called "The Awesome-ness of being an Adoptive Mom." She presents 10 things she loves about being an adoptive mom. They all sound awesome to me and this is one post that I will print out and keep for reference when times are tough. Thanks Heather for another great post!

  1. My children are learning, first-hand, that family isn't just about circumstances of biology. It is also about the people we choose to love and the commitments we keep.

  2. It's fun to confuse the nurses at the doctor's office when you tell them you have two children, zero pregnancies.**

  3. Ditto the strangers who can't figure out which two children match up to you at the playground.

  4. My husband and I were able to equally participate in every aspect of childcare, from feeding to babywearing, from the very beginning and it's led to a wonderful emotional and logistical balance in our household. No one got a head start in bonding or the extra responsibility that comes along with it.

  5. If the baby-birthing moms in my playgroup are a representative sample, I am glad I can laugh hard without peeing a bitty bit. Continue reading...

No comments: