Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a new distraction

I got the job.

Yay for me!

My hours have been cut in half and I’ve taken a substantial cut in pay, but I got the job! I am excited about this position and think this is a good long term move for me. Whenever baby comes into our lives I will want to be working part-time and now I’ll have a permanent job to go back to after parental leave. And my current job will let me reduce my hours to part-time so I can still make a decent income and keep my hours up for parental leave.

Things worked out so nicely….now if only the same could be said about the adoption…

6 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Lavonne. Change can be a great thing! Sounds like a great change too! Good luck, and hopefully you will have more good news in the near future regarding your adoption. When do you start your new job?

Kara said...

Horray!!! I am so pumped for you. All the best as you make some new changes in your life.

Heather said...

Congratulations!!

Sabrina said...

Woo hoo! Exciting news Lavonne. What a perfect position for post-mat leave too! Glad there is a bright spot along the way, and something to get excited about.

Carolyn said...

yes, Yayyy!!! for Lavonne. Glad to hear that you've got something that interests you. I'm eager to hear lots more about it.

Carolyn

luna said...

big huge congrats to you!

hope the adoption and lactation goes as well!