Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

a different kind of update

I am continually amazed at the curve balls life can throw. This is a very different kind of post than I was expecting to write this week.

On June 30th a baby boy was born, but he has a congenital condition that was not caught earlier. This is something that can be survived, but the outlook isn't great as this little boy is very, very sick. He is in the intensive care unit at one of the best children's hospitals in the northwestern states so has unbelievable care, but whether he survives and what complications may or may not occur are yet to be seen. Should he make it, he's looking at at least a couple months in the hospital. This little guy is constantly in our prayers.

The unforeseen health and future of this child means our adoption of him won't be able to move forward. We are greatly saddened by this, we are scared for this little baby, and we feel so badly for the birth mom. In the few days we've known each other we have grown amazingly close and looked forward to being a part of each other's lives.

We are completely numb and have no idea how we will recover from this and move on.

Please pray.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry this turned out to be the case. All of you are in my thoughts. What a sad situation.

Darcy, Wendy, Brianna, Luke, Jackson, Kaitie said...

Our hearts are breaking for you . . . we'll keep praying. Thanks for the update.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry Lavonne. Praying for you guys and this little baby boy.

Sabrina said...

Praying.

Heather said...

Oh Lavonne, I'm so sorry. Am thinking of all of you tonight. ((hug))

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it ... Lavonne and D, we are so sorry ... we will be praying for you and this little one and his birth mom.
Heather

Jill said...

SO SO sad. I'll be praying (here form LFCA)

Journeywoman said...

I'm so so sorry.

Shinejil said...

I am so sorry. My sympathies to you, and to the little guy.

Mrs. Chop said...

I'm so very sorry for all of you. What a tragedy. I'll be keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamie said...

Praying and holding you and Baby Boy in my heart.