Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

our "waiting" book collection

A few months ago, D and I decided to mark the passing of each month of waiting. Instead of marking the time with tears and sorrow we decided to purchase a new kids book every month for our growing collection.



The first month
we bought a classic book that belongs in all adoptive family libraries. A Mother for Choco by Keiko Kasza.






The next month D decided that we needed to look for a book about daddies. There is little out there but we found a cute little gem in My Daddy and Me by Tina Macnaughton.



Then we missed a month.



Last month we decided on a Sandra Boynton book. Her books are so cute and full of fun. We bought Hippos go Berserk.



What shall we buy this month? Any good kids book suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Mercer Mayer's books...the pictures can be looked at at bunch of different levels because they are both simple and intricately playful. "All by myself" was a favorite.

More I just like the idea of marking the time in this way--what a very very cool idea.

luna said...

we did the same thing. it was the only I think I let myself buy for months.

I wrote about it in the post below, and got some good recommendations too:
http://lifefromhere.wordpress.com/2008/09/27/the-growing-shelf-i-show-you-tell/

Sabrina said...

How fun! I love this idea Lavonne. What a wonderful start to a book collection (though I hope the 'waiting' collection is small). A little book called Pat the Bunny is a fun one.

Hilda said...

What a great idea! One of my favorite preschool books is Amazing Grace. I discovered it while I worked in child care and later bought one for myself.

mama2roo said...

i recommend every one of Boynton's books!