Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

turning 30 what?

Somehow it happened again. I just turned another year older. The big 3-5. This is the year after which fertility dramatically decreases and potential complications in pregnancy dramatically increase.

Is this the official end of my ticking clock?

To hell with the clock!

This year marks the beginning for me. The start of a brand new exciting chapter in life. Screw declining fertility rates and pregnancy complications...I am the mother of an exceptional little boy and this is what brings me life and joy! Although my experience of infertility and the adoption process will always color my vision, I won't look back...only forward.

I anticipate a year of healing, the rebuilding of hope, and absolute joy.

This isn't quite how I planned it but life is good and I am a yummy mummy at 35!

And onward I march towards 40 which means a birthday celebration in New York City with a dear friend of mine! Bring it on!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lavonne...may this next year be full of wonderful and rich experience for you--joy!

Kim said...

Awesome...happy birthday. I love your attitude, Lavonne.

luna said...

happy birthday, lavonne! sounds like you have a wonderful approach to celebrating. enjoy!

Aimee said...

I love your attitude!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

The Isaacs said...

I hope you got my ecard! I love you and wish you an incredible upcoming year!

Heather said...

Happy birthday! I turn the big 3-5 in a couple of weeks. Here's to a great year for both of us!!

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Happy Birthday Yummy Mummy!!!

Hilda said...

Happy birthday my friend!! May this be a year of overflowing joy and way too much fun!! (NY, sounds like a great time!!) Love ya girl!