Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

it will all work out in the end

This statement bugs me. Today while talking with someone about our adoption process I mentioned that we've been really frustrated with the process and that our file is STILL stuck in Ottawa, etc. This person responded with the typical "it will all be worth it" or "it will all work out in the end" response which really irritated me. There is no validation for the process we are currently going through and how we feel about it. I know I have made the same sentiments in the past and for that I apologize.

This statement seems to be the norm during the adoption process. Even at the education seminar we attended through our provincial agency our frustrations at the process and paperwork were minimized. No space was created to feel what we were feeling. I get that once a child is placed with us all of my current annoyances will be forgotten and feel like nothing (especially with a screaming baby around my house!) but we aren't there yet. So in the meantime, allow waiting families the space to be frustrated!

No comments: