Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

julia's JAM

I just finished reading Julia's blog from start to finish. I am struck at how emotional I feel. Her writing was so beautiful and insightful. I have learned much about transracial adoption through her posts and feel that she has better prepared me for my future as a mother. I wish that I had known her and that she was still alive today to continue educating adoptive parents in a most honest, caring, and real way. As my journey into motherhood continues I am certain that I will remember many of the words, stories, and truths that she spoke.

1 comment:

John said...

thank you for reading it. i know that she wrote for herself, in the hopes that writing from inside could change something externally.

i will follow your journey here as well.

best,
john