Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

adopted the movie

Has anyone seen Adopted: The Movie? Let me know if you have and your thoughts. I just came across this documentary which looks like a gem.
Adopted reveals the grit rather than the glamour of transracial adoption. First-time director Barb Lee goes deep into the intimate lives of two well-meaning families and shows us the subtle challenges they face. The results are riveting, unpredictable and telling.
I’d really like to purchase it but it’s quite pricey. I’ve asked our Canadian agency if they have it or would consider buying it. Considering this agency only does international adoption I think it would be a worthy addition to their library. Maybe I’ll have to pool my money with a few other adoptive parents to make a joint purchase!

Here is the trailer:



No comments: