Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

reaching the point of grace

A good friend and I recently had dinner together and chatted about each of our concerns in life. She mentioned how one particular CD of music helped her through a very dark time. The music is written as if it is God singing the words to you. It’s like listening prayer. She lent me the CD and encouraged me to really listen to the words and to listen often so that the messages become a part of me.

I’ve been listening. And there is one song in particular that has stood out for me. I’m not a huge fan of people posting words to songs etc. on a blog because without the music it’s often hard to grasp the significance surrounding a song. But I really felt compelled to post the words to this song. May they touch you as they have me.


The Point of Grace by Dennis Jernigan

When the fire of life leaves you so dry
That your eyes have no tears left to cry.
When heartache leaves you wondering why
Or wondering how you will survive.
When you’ve grown too tired to run the race
Find your strength is gone without a trace.
When you’ve reached that lonely, desperate place
You have reached the point of grace.

I will meet you there where your striving ends.
I will hold you there in My embrace.
You will find the place where true joy begins
When you’ve reached the point of grace.

When your hopes and dreams begin to fade.
Disappointment clouding all the plans you’ve made.
Feeling lonely, broken and afraid
It seems so long since you have seen the light of day.
When it seems like every trial you face
Leaves you one step closer to the place
Where you fall away or reach for My embrace.
Child, you have reached the point of grace.

Just let go and you will see
Just how mighty love can be.
Child, your greatest strength is when you’re weak
Looking up from your brokenness to Me.

No comments: