Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

my stork arrived

It is official!

I have a son!

Wow...can't believe I actually typed those words...

Let me start from the beginning.

Late on Thursday, September 3rd we found out that J wanted to do a webcam interview with us on Friday morning. Our agency just started using webcam technology for interviews and we were looking forward to this -- just seems more personal. We chatted for over an hour and during that time she picked us to parent her child! And the baby was due soon!

On Monday, September 7th around 1:00pm we got a call from our agency to let us know that J was in labor and we should probably start packing! I was literally shaking and wandering around the house, room from room wondering what I should do! I called Don at work and he raced home. We must have set some sort of record for packing and getting things organized because 2 1/2 hours later we left for the airport. We caught the last flight out to our destination. However our layover was quite long and we only arrived at midnight.

While waiting for our connecting flight we received an email from our agency to let us know that a baby boy was born at 6:59pm and both him and his mom were doing really well. Yay! A healthy baby! Although we wish we could have made it for the birth a load was lifted from my shoulders just knowing that he had arrived safely. We were informed that his mom wanted us to wait until 11:00am the next day to come visit because she really needed to get some sleep.

That was a long morning!

I will post more about the meeting, the naming, leaving the hospital, and everything in between. But right now I need to go snuggle with my son!

17 comments:

Sabrina said...

Snuggling sounds like a wonderful idea. We are rejoicing that your stork did indeed come. What a precious gift he brought. Congrats you two.

Heather said...

Congratulations!! He's beautiful.

luna said...

oh lavonne!!!!!!!! I got chills reading your email. SO very excited for all of you. many congratulations! he's gorgeous. enjoy every minute.

luna said...

not your email, your post. you kwim.

Kim said...

Congratulations Lavonne & D! I'm so excited for you. He is beautiful! Can't wait to hear more of your story...

Alissabeth said...

YAY!! So happy for you! He is gorgeous, I can't wait to read the whole story. Get sleep while you can!

SassyCupcakes said...

Congratulations!

Alexicographer said...

Here from LFCA ... congratulations! What a handsome son you have!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Wow -- with adoption things can change on a dime!


Congratulations to you and your family, Lavonne -- thinking of all involved.

singletracey said...

awwwwww.. he is adorable! Congratulations!

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Give me a T
Give me a double E
Give me a G
Give me an A
Give me a N

What's that spell...PERFECTION

Love ya, Laura

Pie said...

Congratulations! What a quick turnaround, it was truly meant to be!

Aimee said...

I must admit that I have been reading your blog for some time now... but have never commented. I am so excited that you have been blessed with a healthy beautiful son.

Janice said...

So, so happy for you...the best is yet to come!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you! Can't wait to hear more of your story!

Darcy & Wendy

The Isaacs said...

CONGRATS! I'm so glad that I can now read up on the events of these last few days! So happy for you guys! Love you!

mama2oo said...

Oh, my! I can't believe I missed all this! Congratulations! He is absolutely precious and I can't wait to read more! Welcome to Motherhood, and my God bless you with sleep ;)