Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

to blog or not to blog

The end of 2010 found me with less time to spend at the computer. Entering the workforce as a mom resulted in many busy moments. Then throw in weekly swim class with T, weekly massage, acupuncture, chiropractic appointments (trying to use up all my insurance), Christmas shopping and baking and the result was a very chaotic life. I even ended up forgetting appointments and an important Christmas party I was supposed to attend. Sigh. Does the "baby brain" syndrome ever go away?

I have also been absent from blogland because I'm not sure what it is that I want to say anymore. Gone are the days I spent bitching about our agencies and the process. I am currently knee deep in parenting a one year old and adoption doesn't always arise as the very most important thing in my day. I still think about adoption related themes. I have at least 5 titled posts in my head. But I'm not sure how much to disclose in the public domain and articulating my thoughts is often harder than it should be.

I don't want to maintain this blog because I have to. I know readers lose interest when there aren't regular posts to peruse but to post just because is more work. At the same time I'm not ready to let go of this outlet. I still think there is value in keeping this blog and chronicling my journey. Since I don't journal this has been for me a diary of sorts.

So my blogging resolution for 2011 is to be a better blogger! No promises. But I'm going to take this year to determine if blogging is still for me.

No comments: