Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

paperwork update

Our paperwork arrived at the American agency mid-September and it's now making its way through the approval process which means 5 board members need to read through it with a fine tooth comb. Our file passed the first board member and it is now sitting with the second who apparently ensures that every "i" is doted and "t" is crossed so to speak. This approval process will take ~ 6-8 weeks (we're 3 weeks in).

I wonder how many people need to read the intimate details of my life before I can once and for all be approved to become a mother? Let me count them:

1 social worker
2 provincial agency directors
1 provincial central authority
1 person in Ottawa to authenticate the file
5 american agency board members

Mmm...10 people. That seems like overkill to me, but alas it is what it is. Family planning shouldn't ever be this hard.

No comments: