Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2008

we're approved

So after I posted my conspiracy theory yesterday, we got the call later that day that we are finally approved! I still believe in my theory (funny how they can get 2 signatures in 2 days when our papers were sitting on a desk for 3 weeks!) but it is just good to know that we have passed this last hurdle. And so we continue to do what we have been doing since September…wait! Actually, we have been waiting on someone or something since the beginning of this process. Waiting for the criminal check, waiting for the medical appt, waiting to attend the education seminar, waiting for the Social Worker to complete the report, waiting while our papers were in transit, waiting for a stamp of approval…waiting, waiting, waiting!

We should be really good at waiting but alas, it still doesn’t come easy. I’m curious to know what my perception of our waiting time will be once we have a family. How quickly will I forget the distress I feel right now? Oh well, all I know is how I feel in the moment and all I can do is acknowledge where I am at in the process today.

6 comments:

Kara said...

Yeah for progress. Praying for you as you guys continue to wait.

Love you guys lots and can't wait to meet this child that will join your family!

Heather said...

Yay! May your wait be peaceful and smooth.

Joy said...

Over from L&F. Congratulations. One more tick in the right direction. Good luck to you!

Guera! said...

Hi there. Came over from Stirrup Queens and for ICLW.
Our homestudy will be officially approved on Tuesday and I understand about the waiting! We've been working on the homestudy since the beginning of summer and had a couple of set backs. Good luck to you!!This is an exciting time and yes, I think once you have a child you'll forget all the waiting and challenges and anticipation and frustration!

Sabrina said...

Just checked in, and am very excited to read that at least this waiting hurdle has been crossed. Continuing to think of you and D as you enjoy your last bit of flexible scheduling, and as you wait for baby!

Julia said...

One step closer! And for me selfishly...one step closer to becomming an Auntie! Oh how I am looking forward to that day!