Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

my first mother's day

Firstly, I need to acknowledge the hallmark holiday that Mother's Day is. As well as the fact that this is a hard day for many women. I won't sugar coat it. It's a hard day. I know. I've been there.

I also think about J on this day. I don't have any words to express how difficult this day may be for her. "Birthmother" Day is apparently the day before Mother's Day. I wonder why there is a separate day...and who decided this? How is it that a first mom isn't also acknowledged on Mother's Day...after all she IS a mother.


That said, I embraced my very first Mother's Day.

It was delightful.

D got up with baby T so I would be able to sleep in. Of course I didn't, I heard T as well. But lying in bed for an extra 1/2 hour and knowing that I didn't have to get up was lovely. Then D make me belgium waffles with strawberries and vanilla sauce for breakfast...yum!

After breakfast, and a stint outside so D could organize the house, I took part in a treasure hunt which ended with my gift. D did such a great job with clues, some of them were really tricky! My Mother's Day present was this lovely custom necklace. Good on D to remember all my hints after initially seeing this jewelery well before I became a mother!

Then D stayed at home with T while I went out for lunch with my sister (her hubbie also at home with the kids). After enjoying a yummy meal we were treated to a manicure and pedicure. My Mother's Day adventure ended with dessert....a deep-fried mars bar! Oh so good!

What a lovely day.

Now the pressure is on to plan an excellent Father's Day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like an excellent day (maybe Ernie & Don should talk...Ernie was on VPU and out of the house by 8). The necklace is beautiful, and the rest of your day sounds very relaxing!

luna said...

sounds like such a wonderful day! what a sweet hub. I love the custom necklace and that you could treat yourself with your sister.

TheButterfly2 said...

Wow! That sounds like about the best Mothers day ever! Lucky lady!

P.S. Where did you find a deep fried Mars bar?? YUM!